Biostratigraphic services include Foraminifera, Calcareous Nannoplankton, Palynology, Ostracods, Conodonts, Siliceous microfossils, Well-site biostratigraphy, Stratigraphic reviews, Correlation studies, and multi-disciplinary integrated studies, in addition to chronostratigraphic and Paleoenvironment analysis. Our work is running in a clean and safe environment.
All output produced by Strarabugs Software application
Involves the study of :
- Calcareous microfossils (Foraminifera, Ostracods)
- Siliceous microfossils (diatoms and radiolarian)
- Phosphatic (conodonts)
It is important for rock units identification , age dating, biozonation, assess the depositional environment since different micro fauna are found associated with different water depths and also the planktonic benthonic ratio has a valuable indication.
Involves the study of organic-walled microfossils groups as :
- Spores & pollen
- Dinoflaggelate cysts (dinocysts)
- Marine and freshwater algae
Calcareous Nannoplankton Analysis
This covers the study of nannofossils, which are the smallest of the microfossil groups, This group includes:
Foraminifera and Nannoplankton analyses can be performed on the offshore and onshore sites
- The quick results give a preliminary evaluation of the age and environment of the penetrated sequences.
- On-site analysis is of great importance for:
- Biostratigraphic monitoring
- Predict the penetration of high or low-pressure intervals to assist the detection of the casing points
- Predict the penetration of reservoir intervals
- Confirm that drilling objectives have been met before terminating the well.
- Continuous monitoring in complex structural areas to confirm pre-drill models and modify them
- Pick coring points, eliminating the need for expensive bypass holes.
- Sub-salt steering up or down dip to reach the target.
- Biosteering to keep inclined or horizontal in desired reservoir interval.