Foraminifera and Nannoplankton analyses can be performed in both off- and onshore site. The quick results give preliminary evaluation of age and environment of the penetrated sequences.
On site analysis is of great importance for:
- Biostratigraphic monitoring.
- Predict the penetration of the target zone and high or low pressure intervals to assist the detection of the casing points.
- Confirm that drilling objective have been met before terminating the well.
- Continuous monitoring in complex structural areas to confirm pre-drill models and modify them.
- Pick coring points, eliminating the need for expensive bypass holes.
- Sub-salt steering up or down dip to reach target.
- Biosteering to keep inclined or horizontal in desired reservoir interval.